There are different types of plastic surgeries that are performed to eliminate the complaints depending aesthetic concerns in the legs. These are inner thigh lift, medial thigh lift, mini thigh lift, vertical thigh lift, etc. Depending on the loss of elastic structure of the skin in legs due to old age, excessive and fast weight loss, some sagging problems such as skin sagging on the thigh can occur. Thigh Lift Surgery is an operation that lifting the thighs by removing sagging skin and the fat in the legs
Liposuction can be combined with a Thigh Lift Surgery depending on the structure of the skin and the fat in the legp>
The excess skin and fat in the legs is removed from the groin area through the incision that is made into the leg; in this way, the skin and fat tissues are removed, the leg skin is lifted and the groin area where the incision made is sutured. This operation lasts approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. In the Thigh Lift Surgery, 10-15 cm incisions are made depending on the deformation. Operation marks do not disappear completely after the surgery, but they can be hidden in the inner leg area
Individuals are suitable for having Thigh Lift Surgery, if they:
- have saggy legs due to loss of natural structure of the skin because of aging,
- lost muscle tissue as a result of excessive and rapid weight loss,
- lost too much weight after bariatric surgery
In thigh Lift Surgery, the excess skin and fat on the legs are removed, and individuals who have this operation can have a beautiful leg appearance. Also, they can wear the clothes what they want, their self-confidence can rise thanks to this operation
In addition, it is preferred to get rid of the complaints due to saggy thighs such as redness, sweating, friction rash in the legs. These complaints limit the individuals` movement, and cause unwillingness for doing sports and exercise in daily life, which also causes to regain them weight. By means of Thigh Lift Surgery, individuals can have the aesthetic appearance that they desired and get rid of these complaints and they can have motivation for practicing healthy life and doing sports in order to maintain their postoperative condition.
Complaints of the person who wants to have leg stretching surgery are listened in detail by the physician.
Complaints of the person who wants to have leg stretching surgery are listened in detail by the physician. Depending on the structure and amount of muscle tissue of the person, the amount of fat in the legs and the sagging of the skin and friction problems, it is decided whether or not it can be combined with other procedures.
The complaints and requests of the person who wants to have a Thigh Lift Surgery are evaluated by the doctor. Depending on the leg and thigh structure and the muscle tissue, the amount of fat in the thigh and skin of the person, it is decided whether this operation can be combined with other surgeries or not
Duration of this operation is approximately 1 to 2 hours. However, it may extend if another operation is combined with this surgery. The hospital stay is 1 or 2 days. However, it may change depending on the physician’s advice. In the postoperative period, the patient should lie in a position that is called the V position, thereby reducing the tension in the surgical area. The patient can start to walk after recovery. Early postoperative pain may vary from person to person. If any pain occurs, painkillers are used. The bandages and corset help to reduce swelling, edema and bleeding that may occur in the operation area. In the early postoperative period, the legs should be raised
Thigh Lift Surgery is one of the most common plastic surgeries. It is a relatively difficult operation compared with the other ones. If it is performed by an experienced plastic surgeon under proper conditions, the desired results and appearance can be achieved in a short time
- After the surgery, you need to wear the corset for 6-8 weeks to tighten your skin on the leg.
- Early postoperative pain may vary from person to person. If any pain occurs, painkillers are used.
- Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for approximately 7 days. Also, it may change depending on the physician’s advice.
- Since some of the incisions are under the underwear after the surgery, especially after going to the toilet, cleaning of the genital area and hygiene should be paid attention.
- Approximately 7-10 days after this operation, you can return your normal life, sit normally, and do your business without exerting yourself too much.
- Do not smoke at least 2-4 weeks after this operation.
- Do not swim before 4 weeks after thigh lift surgery.
- Do not take a steam bath and sun or sauna in the six weeks after the operation.
- The surgical incisions could be apparent especially in the first months after the operation, however despite firstly the incision scars are red, after a while they would turn pink, later become white, and finally become obscure in time.
The result of this operation is permanent. Saggy thighs may occur again due to extreme weight fluctuation, but they do not relapse. If you live a healthy life and do exercise regularly, you can prolong the positive effect of this operation. Surgery marks do not disappear completely after the surgery, but they are hidden in the inner leg area. If you avoid sun exposure and don’t smoke after the surgery, it can affect positively for recovery of your surgery scars. The incision scars are pale in comparison to the aesthetic and physical problems caused by saggy thighs
You can get rid of redness, sweating and friction rash. In addition, your mobility increases. This situation increases your motivation for living a healthier life and doing exercises.
Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for approximately 7 days. Also, it may change depending on the physician’s advice
After removing the pressure bandages from your thighs, their edema starts to reduce and they take its new shape, and the incision scars remain inside the thigh and it becomes obscure within 6 to 12 months.