Breast Augmentation (Augmentation Mammoplasty)
Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most common and easiest aesthetic surgeries. The surgery is performed, by making 4-5 cm incisions and placing the breast implants through them, under the general anesthesia. This operation lasts approximately 2 hours. Breast implants can be inserted in breasts through the armpit with the transaxillary incision, the around the areola with the periareolar incision, or the breast crease with the submammary incision.
Instead of incisions and prosthesis, the result of the examination is determined by evaluating the person's desire and body structure. Breast augmentation surgery can be combined with a breast lift operation if there are saggy breasts.
Why is it preferred?
Breast augmentation is preferred for many different reasons:
- In order to have a breast augmentation, individuals should:
- complete their physical and hormonal developments.
- be over eighteen years old, in generally and physically good health.
- This surgery is preferred by individuals whose body measurements are disproportionate to hip width and body width.
- Individuals prefer this operation:
- who have underdeveloped breasts due to genetic or other reasons.
- who want to regain their aesthetic appearance because of sagging breasts and losing breast firmness after pregnancy.
- who lost their breast firmness as a result of excessive weight loss.
- whose one breast size is different from the other one.
- who lost their breasts as a result of breast cancer
What type of anesthesia is used for this surgery?
Breast augmentation is performed under general anesthesia.
Are the results of breast augmentation permanent?
Breast augmentation operations are operations ...
The results of breast augmentation surgeries are permanent. Patients can reach the desired outcomes after the operation.
Daily life after the surgery
After being discharged, the person can meet their daily needs and...
Individuals who had this surgery can meet their daily needs after they are discharged from the hospital without stretching their arms. They can get back to their social life after 7 days. Before 7 days, they should not drive a vehicle and lift heavy.
What are the benefits of a breast augmentation??
Breast augmentation surgery allows women who need improvement ...
As a result of breast augmentation surgery, women who had this surgery can get rid of feeling inadequate, and therefore they can feel better socially and psychologically by having more aesthetic and youthful breast. However, it is really important that an individual, who wants to have this surgery, should have realistic expectations.
How is someone examined before the operation?
Before performing breast augmentation surgery, taking into consideration the patient's body structure,...
Before breast augmentation surgery, individuals’ expectations from the surgery, body structure, weight, height, implant options, location of the incisions are evaluated; and it is evaluated that the location of the implant to be inserted, if there is excessive sagging in the breast. It is important having realistic expectations about the results of surgery, and the communication between an individual and the doctor is also significant for the results to be satisfactory. After the evaluations, the doctor informs the individual in accordance with the health conditions of him or her and performs breast augmentation surgery.
Will people be able to tell or catch I had a breast augmentation?
Silicones are produced in the most suitable form for breast shape and consistency.
Silicone breast implants are selected according to the most suitable for your breast shape. As a result of the implants used according to appropriate sizes to your body structure, your breasts will look fuller, firm, youthful and natural. However, it must be known that the breast implants size choice is important. They can be inserted through small incisions and the incision scars can be on the areola, armpit or under breast crease
How many days should I stay in the city after the operation?
Post-discharge controls should not be interrupted; Patients coming from ...
Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for 5 days. This period may change depending on the physician’s advice.
What are the rules should be obeyed after the surgery?
Athlete bra is placed on the dressings after surgery. It is important for the removal of this edema and shaping the chest muscles...
- It is recommended to wear a sports bra after the surgery. It is important for reducing the edema and shaping the chest muscles.
- Although experiencing postoperative pain is not very common, the pain can be easily reduced with painkillers.
- Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for 5 days. This period may change depending on the physician’s advice.
- You can take a shower without touching and putting water on your breasts, but you can take a shower as you please at least 5 days after the surgery.
- It is normal to experience swelling and sensitivity in the first period after the surgery; the swelling decreases day to day within the first month.
- You should not lie down on your breasts (or in a prone position) at least 2 months. Protect your breast from impacts.
- After the surgery, you should massage your breasts gently to recover them fast, which will both facilitate the attachment of the implants and help to reduce the edema.
- In the first 7 days, don’t move your arms and chest muscles, don’t lift heavy, and don’t swim.
- You can start to take a walk 2 weeks after the operation.
- At the end of the first week, you can do your own work. But you should not exercise heavily, swim, and use excessive force in the first 4-6 weeks.
- If your swellings and pain on the breast increases, please inform your doctor.
What precautions to take before breast augmentation surgery?
Since smoking will delay wound healing, smoking should be stopped at least 4 weeks prior to surgery.
- Since smoking delays wound healing, it should be stopped at least 4 weeks before the surgery.
- Stop taking blood thinners such as aspirin, vitamin E, etc. If you take homeopathic medicines, stop to use them.
- If you have influenza and flue after the surgery, please inform your doctor.
- Avoid sun exposure and sunbath immediately before the surgery.
The hospital process
After the necessary examinations, the patient is taken to surgery;
After the necessary examinations, the patient is taken to surgery; The operation lasts for an average of 1-1.5 hours, and may be extended if combined with breast lift surgery. The duration of hospital stay after surgery is 1 day, which may change according to the opinion of the physician. Usually there is no bleeding and no drain. The patient can stand up after recovery, but arm movements should be limited to avoid tension. Due to the effect of anesthesia, dizziness and nausea may occur in the first hours, but the complaints will diminish in the following hours. A few hours after waking up, the patient is given liquid nutrients and then switched to normal meals. After the surgery, an athlete's bra is used over the dressings. Pain relief can be given to the patient for early pain relief.
Will breast augmentation affect breastfeeding?
For breast surgeries, the person must first complete his / her body and hormonal development.
It is important where to place the breast implants. Breast implants can be placed to pectoral (under breast) muscle where there is no lactiferous (milk) duct. Also, after this procedure, there is no risk for you to get pregnant and breastfeed. Breast augmentation surgery is performed without harming to tissues in the breast and lactiferous ducts. The important thing here is to tell truthfully your expectations and life plan to the doctor.
Who can have a breast augmentation surgery?
It is important where the implant is placed in the breast; the prosthesis can be placed under the muscle from the region where there are no milk channels.
- In order to have breast surgeries, the candidates of this operation have to be over 18 years old and complete their body development
- This surgery can be preferred by individuals whose body measurements are disproportionate to hip width and body width.
- You can have this surgery:
- if you want to regain your aesthetic appearance due to sagging breasts and decreased breast firmness after pregnancy.
- if you complain the saggy breasts due to the decrease in breast firmness as a result of excessive weight loss.
- if your one breast size is different from the other one.
- you had surgery to remove breast cancer or mastectomy, and if you want reconstruct your breast by breast augmentation operation.
What are breast implant options? Which one should I choose?
Prosthetics in terms of shapes;
Breast implants vary by shape, filling type and surface:
- Round Implants
- Contoured Implants
- Filling Type
- Saline Breast Implants
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Textured Implants
- Surface Implants
Your breast anatomy, body structure, and expectations decide the best option for you.
Is breast augmentation safe?
Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most preferred surgeries by women.
Breast augmentation originated in 1960s and today it gives best results. It is safe to use silicones associated with the development of technology. One of the most asked question is about possibility of breast implants rupture. They are extremely durable and it is too hard to rupture of breast implants during sexual intercourse. Breast implant rupture can happen because of trauma caused by a car accident or a penetrating injury to breast with a sharp object. Breast implants are usually stable, durable, and long lasting.
Possible risks of breast augmentation include:
- Anesthetic Side Effect
- Poor Healing of Incisions.
Where the breast implants be placed?
The implant can be placed in 3 ways Under the breast tissue and on the breast muscle...
Breast implants can be placed in three ways that are determined by your expectations and breast body, and chest structure:
- Subglandular placement
- Partial submuscular placement
- Complete submuscular placement
How long after breast augmentation do I see final results?
TAdaptation of the breast implants to your body naturally and getting the final shape takes nearly 9 or 12 months.
ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT A DOCTOR OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS FOR DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF YOUR MEDICAL CONDITION. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LEGAL AND ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITY, UNLESS OUR DOCTORS AND SPECIALISTS ARE CONSULTED REGARDING YOUR MEDICAL STATE
Duration of procedure
1,5 h - 2,5 h
How much time should i spend
When to get results
1600 € - 3000 €