Also referred to as fat removal operation. Laser lipo, vaser lipo, classic lipo, lipoamatic
Liposuction, which is fat removal surgery, is an operation that removes excess fat in the body that cannot be removed by diet and exercise.
In this operation, very small incisions (about 1 to 2 mm) made in the target tissue, thin cannulas (thin tubes) which are about 2 to 3 mm in diameter are passed through, and the fat tissue melted by various methods is removed from the body by vacuuming with the help of long cannulas.
There are four liposuction methods depending on the technologies used to melt the body fat:
- Traditional Liposuction: The fat tissue under the skin is broken down directly by mechanical energy and removed from the body by using cannulas.
- Laser Liposuction (LAL): A laser beam of a certain wave is given to the fat cells in the target tissue, and only by holding this energy in the target tissue, the fat cells are exploded. Liquid fat particles are easily removed from the body by using cannulas. Since laser liposuction is better in skin tightening, it is more preferred for use in the jowl and arm areas. Since energy use is limited, it is not preferred for excessive fat removing.
- Vaser Liposuction (VAL): By giving ultrasonic sound waves to the fat cells in the target tissue, the fat cells are melted and the melted fat tissue is removed from the body by using cannulas.
- Lipomatic Liposuction: Device cannula, which is called “lipomatic”, separates the fat and connective tissue from each other by applying motion, like an egg scrambling, in the body; and removed the separated fat tissue from the body at the same time. Since it has a partial tightening effect on the skin and connective tissue, it can be preferred in cases where the skin partially loses its elasticity.
The body areas to get liposuction include chin, back, upper arms, knees, lower legs. Liposuction is not preferred on forelegs and lower parts of the hips due to a potential collapse in these areas. Also, fat tissue can be removed for breast reduction in men by using liposuction
- Since smoking delays wound healing, it should be stopped at least 2 weeks before the surgery.
- Stop taking blood thinners such as aspirin 10 days before the surgery.
- Reach your ideal weight before the surgery
Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for approximately 7 days. Also, this period may change depending on the physician’s advice and the surgical area. .
In liposuction, the incisions are very small and they are made in the area that cannot be seen as much as possible, since the fat removed from the body by using cannulas. The body looks proportionate and natural when sufficient fat is removed from the area where it is, and following exactingly the doctor’s advices and prescription helps the body to look more youthful and natural
People who are close to their ideal weight but have regional fat deposition, who do not have problems such as stretch marks and saggy skin, who want to have a youthful and more aesthetic appearance, and who are over the age of 18 can have this surgery
- After the surgery, wear the corset for 6-8 weeks to contour your surgical area.
- Don’t smoke until your recovery process is over.
- You can walk after 1 day, but avoid doing heavy work first 4 weeks.
- After discharging from the hospital, take short walks speed the recovery process up.
- Getting a massage regularly and taking short walks in line with your doctor’s advice help to speed up the healing process as well.
Appropriate method is determined by drawing
Excess fat accumulation in the body is determined and drawings are made in the areas where fat will be taken. Information is given about the methods and alternatives to be applied by considering the expectations and physical condition of the person and the region to be applied.
Before liposuction, appropriate method is evaluated by the doctor and the doctor draws on the area to be operated where excess fat occurs. Detailed information is given about the methods to the candidate; the expectations and physical and health conditions of the candidate are considered before the operation
Since the number of fat cells in the liposuction area is reduced, the effect of the surgery is permanent, but this is not an operation that prevents weight gain. If you live a healthy life, do exercise regularly, and maintain your weight, you can prolong the positive effect of this operation
Liposuction is a safe operation with a low complication rate. However, it is important that, the amount of fat to be removed from the body should be determined well. Therefore, it should be performed by an experienced and competent plastic surgeon. Complications that may occur after liposuction include: fat and blood clots, skin discoloration, swelling, asymmetry in the operated area, fluctuation in the skin, and anesthetic risks. In our clinic, liposuction is successfully performed on many people by using state-of-the-art technology such as laser and Vaser liposuction; therefore, these risks are minimized and our patients recover in a short span of time
The hospital stay after surgery is approximately 1 or 2 days. However, it may change depending on the technique used or the physician’s advice
After the surgery, you should wear the corset for 6-8 weeks to contour your surgical area. It is normal to experience some have pain, swelling and bruising after the operation since the operation is performed on the soft tissue. The pain is easily reduced with painkillers prescribed by your doctor in the early postoperative period
The main difference between them is fat melting method. In traditional liposuction, fat cells are melted by mechanical energy. On the other hand, the ultrasonic sound waves are used in Vaser liposuction in order to melt these fat cells. Since these ultrasonic sound waves only interfere in fat tissues, they do not damage other tissues and blood vessels. Therefore, swelling and bruising are less common, and the healing process is much faster. Another advantage of Vaser liposuction is that it does not damage the removed fat, so the removed fat tissues can be used for fat injection. So, skin tightening can also be achieved in the areas where Vaser liposuction is applied
You can meet your daily needs on the same day of surgery. You can take short walks after 3 days, but you should avoid doing heavy work in some period. After 7 days, you can return to your work. Please don`t smoke at least 4 weeks after the operation
By means of liposuction, you can get rid of regional fat deposition that cannot be removed by methods of weight loss such as diet and exercise. You should know that by means of weight loss methods such as diet and exercise, fat cells decrease, but the number of fat cells does not decrease; on the other hand, the number of fat cells reduces through liposuction, so even if you regain weight, your body does not relapse
The contouring process changes depending on the method used and area applied after liposuction surgery. There is a visible change, especially in fat removing from your abdomen, buttock and waist area. Your body starts to take its shape with the reduction of swelling 3 weeks after the surgery, and its final shape occurs in nearly 6 months