Breast Reduction - Reduction Mammoplasty
Although it is considered as aesthetic surgery, it is an operation performed not only to change the appearance but also to eliminate many health problems and complaints. In breast reduction operations, the excess tissue that causes sagging and / or deformity in the breast region is taken for various reasons and the breast is reshaped.
Breast reduction surgery is performed under general anesthesia. It takes about 2.5 -3 hours. Depending on the condition of the person, techniques such as reverse incision and lollipop can be applied.
Duration of procedure
2,5 h - 4 h
How much time should i spend
When to get results
Return to work in
1600 € - 4500 €
Is breast reduction surgery safe?
It has been a safe operation for a long time
Breast reduction surgery; It is one of the body shaping surgeries that have been applied since the beginning of the 19th century and which can be performed safely in one step with the numerous techniques and approaches developed especially since the middle of the last century. However, the risks of complications such as bleeding and infection, hemetoma formation and anesthetic risks that may be seen in every surgery are also valid in breast reduction surgery.
Who can have surgery?
Those who complete normal development may have surgery
For breast surgeries, the person must first complete his / her body and hormonal development. Individuals who have not completed their body development may undergo breast reduction and may cause some disturbances in the appearance of the breast and some hormonal malfunctions. Therefore, people with aesthetic and physical complaints over the age of 18 or 20 may have this surgery.
When is the result?
Change is observed immediately after surgery
There is a visible change in the post-operative period, but early symptoms disappear in a very short time, but the scars become faint and the relief of complaints is a process that takes about 6-12 months for the breasts to reach their natural and final appearance.
What are the rules to be considered after surgery?
6-8 weeks athlete's bra must be worn
- The athlete's bra is worn on the dressings after the surgery. It is important for the removal of this edema and shaping the muscles of the chest.
- Although postoperative pain is not very common, painkillers will be sufficient.
- Post-discharge controls should not be interrupted; Patients coming from outside the city should stay in the same city for at least 5 days after surgery. This period may vary depending on the opinion of the physician.
- Post-operative bruising and swelling of the breasts may be seen, which is normal. An ice compress can be applied to regulate blood flow and control the bruises with the advice of a doctor. Breast massage is recommended after the 3rd week. Detailed information is given by the physician during the controls.
- It should not be laid on the breasts for at least 2 months after the operation.
- 7 days after the operation should not be made to move the arm and chest muscles should not be heavily lifted and the vehicle should not be used.
- Walks can be started 2 weeks after surgery
- At the end of the first week, the person can do his / her own work, but the first 4-6 weeks should not be carried out by heavy work and heavy exercises.
İs it be noticeable that I was operated on?
Incision scars remain in bikini zone
Over time, breasts become more natural and aesthetically pleasing than before; The incision scars remain within the bikini area and become faint over a period of 6-12 months. If the result of the operation is considered, the traces to be left are negligible.
Problems After Surgery
Possible problems regulate over time
- Postoperative loss of sensation of the nipple may occur, but this is a night situation.
- If there is a natural structure of the breast after breast reduction surgery, size difference and asymmetry are among the negative results; These complaints, which are more pronounced in the early period, decrease with the approach of the breast to its natural appearance.
- Depending on the technique used after breast reduction surgery, some breastfeeding losses may occur; therefore, the person's life plan is considered for the timing and method of surgery.
- Post-operative bruising and swelling of the breasts may be seen, which is normal.
What is the type of anesthesia to be given?
Since the operation time is 2.5 -3 hours, breast reduction surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
What are the preoperative rules?
The physician should be given complete information and smoking cessation
- Since smoking will delay wound healing, smoking should be stopped at least 4 weeks prior to surgery.
- The physician should be informed fully about the previous operations, chronic diseases and medications used.
- Blood thinners such as aspirin, vitamin E, etc. hemeopathic agents may increase bleeding time; therefore, the use of these drugs should be discontinued by informing the physician about the drugs used.
- Pre-operative influenza influenza, etc. In such cases, the physician should be informed.
- Do not go to the sun before surgery too much, should not sunbathe.
- In general anesthesia, solid intake should be stopped for at least 12 hours and fluid intake should be stopped before 6 hours.
- In addition to preoperative blood tests, breast ultrasonography should be performed if mammography is required.
Daily Life - Work
You can meet your daily needs after discharge
As long as you do not push the arms, you can meet your daily needs and act after you are discharged. The average period of return to social life is 7 days. Return to work time is 7-10 days
Breast Reduction Surgery Examination
Breast size, distance between nipple and curvature should be examined correctly
The complaints of the person who wants to have breast reduction surgery are listened in detail by the physician. Breast size, distance between nipple and breast fold, breast tissue and skin characteristics, shoulder / hip width, nipple, history of the person and family disease, age of the person, marriage and whether or not having a child are examined. As a result of this examination, the technique to be applied, where the nipple is located and the incisions are determined. The technique to be applied in surgery is determined.
Are the results temporary?
It is a permanent and life-long operation.
Breast reduction operations are operations that have permanent results. However, weight changes, pregnancy, breastfeeding and gravity can cause breast volume increase and sagging. Therefore, care should be taken to maintain form after surgery.
1 day stay in hospital is enough
After the necessary examinations, the patient is taken to surgery; This period may be extended if combined with other surgeries the surgery lasts an average of 1-3 hours. The duration of hospital stay after surgery is 1 day, which may change according to the opinion of the physician. Usually, a small silicone tube, ie a drain, may be attached to both nozzles for 1 day post-surgery to drain out blood and tissue fluid that may accumulate inside. The patient can stand up after recovery, but arm movements should be limited to avoid tension. Due to the effect of anesthesia, dizziness and nausea may occur in the first hours, but the complaints will diminish in the following hours. A few hours after waking up, the patient is given liquid nutrients and then switched to normal meals. After the surgery, an athlete's bra is used over the dressings. Pain relief can be given to the patient for early pain relief.
How many days should be reserved
It is enough to leave the operation for 7 days
Post-discharge controls should not be interrupted; Patients coming from outside the city should stay in the same city for at least 5 days after surgery. Since this time may change, programming should be done with the physician. A total of 7 days before and after surgery is sufficient.