DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) is a hair transplantation that has become widespread especially after 2016. In this method, the hair follicles are extracted from the donor area by FUE method, and they are loaded into a pen-shaped tool and implanted into the desired area by using of this tool. By means of DHI pen-shaped tool, opening channel and inserting hair follicles can be performed at the same time. Thus, the waiting time for the hair follicles can be reduced.
- The success rate and lifespan of hairs can increase by means of this method, since the waiting period of the hair follicles is less than the others.
- By means of DHI, it is easier to direct the process and the angles of hair follicles can be determined more easily thanks to pen-shaped tools.
- DHI which provides the possibility of direct inserting into the area without damaging the present hairs, therefore this is also an advantage for the people who have not lost their hair completely.
- Hair channel are made more effective and without damaging the other hairs
- In the DHI (Direct Hair Implantation), the healing process of the scabs is very fast rather than other methods, since the hair channel is not made
- After the procedure, the hair scabbing process and their loss continue 5 to 6 days. In 15 to 21 days, `shock hair loss` starts, then it slows down gradually
- After 3 months, new hairs become observable
- In the 6th month, the hair growth reaches at a rate of 60 to 70%.
- In the 12th month, 99% of the hair growth is experienced
In the DHI, the FUE is also used for taking grafts. In DHI, growing and implanting of the grafts are performed by using a pen-shaped tool. By means of this tool, opening channel and inserting hair follicles can be performed at the same time.
- The hair follicles which are taken are inserting by using a pen-shaped tool. This procedure should be performed carefully by a specialist
- Hair follicles are implanted at 40 or 45?which is the most appropriate angle.
- Hair roots are determined by angel and direction and the needle is pushed and transplanted.
It is really important to draw carefully a hairline for hair transplant in order to get a good DHI result. The DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) makes it easier to implanting hairs into especially hair line which is in the very narrow area.