Weight loss or fluctuations, aging process, childbirth, and breastfeeding can cause saggy breasts (ptosis). Many women who have saggy breasts seek a remedy for this problem which affects their self-confidence negatively. The remedy is breast lift surgery that helps to raise their saggy breasts. Breast lift surgery or mastopexy is an operation that changes the breasts’ saggy shape. The main aim of this surgery is to give the patient’s breasts shape more natural looking, youthful and firmness. Breast lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia. It lasts between 2 to 3 hours. The only disadvantage of this procedure is the permanent incision lines, but there is no other solution for severe breast sagging. However, the scars usually fade and do not go out of the around of breasts. The scars usually fade considerably and heal within 4 to 6 months after surgery. Also, there are three incision techniques in breast lift surgery depending on breast structure and degree of sagging.
The First Few Days After Surgery
You can experience some dizziness and nausea in the first hours after the surgery, but these kinds of complaints reduce gradually.
You can stand up the same day of surgery, but you should move slowly in order to not stretch your surgical areas.
To stop pains, some medications are given to you.
There is a noticeable change after the breast lift.
After this surgery, your breasts are covered with bandages. Also, you should wear a sports bra over these bandages.
Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for 5 days.
Daily Life, Activities, and Work Life
- After discharging from the hospital, you can do many things without stretching your arms. You can go back to your social life and daily activities approximately in 7 days. In order to start to work again, please wait nearly for 7 to 10 days.
Breast Lift Results
- The result of this surgery is permanent. The incision scars are pale in comparison to the aesthetic and physical problems caused by saggy breasts.
- Breast sagging may be seen again due to pregnancy, body structure or extreme weight fluctuations. Therefore, it is a good bet to have breast lift surgery in a period when you not plan to have a child and you balance your weight.
- One of the greatest disadvantages of this operation is the incision scarts, but there is no another solution for severe breast sagging. However, the incision scars in the breast become obscure in time.
- The scars usually obscure and heal after 4 to 6 months
Inverted ‘T’ Technique
Preferred in situations requiring large scale intervention
In this technique, three incisions are involved: one around the areola, other vertically from the areola to under the breast, another horizontal incision around the bottom of the areola. This is also known ‘Inverted T Technique’ because of creating this shape.
Your doctor suggests you the best option for you depending on your body and breast structure, degree of sagging and expectations
Before the breast lift surgery, the candidates are examined. Nipple location and amount of mammary glands are checked. Before deciding on the technique of breast lift surgery, their body structure, weight, height, and expectations from the surgery are evaluated; the technique decided to is explained to them in detail. Silicone implants can be inserted, if they are needed. Also, a breast augmentation surgery can be combined with breast lift, if candidates want to have and suitable for it.
Daily and business life
You can meet your daily needs immediately after discharge from the hospital.
After being discharged, the person can meet their daily needs and move without stretching their arms. The average period of return to social life is 7 days. Return to work time is 7-10 days
Are the surgical scars noticeable?
Surgery scars can be hidden in the bra line.
The incision scars are pale in comparison to the aesthetic and physical problems caused by saggy breasts. Also, they become obscure in time.
Please reduce or stop smoking before having breast lift surgery
- Since smoking slows down wound healing, please stop smoking at least 4 weeks before the surgery.
- Stop taking blood thinners such as aspirin, vitamin E, etc. If you take homeopathic agents, please stop to have them as well.
- If you have influenza or become ill after the surgery, please let your doctor know about this.
- Please avoid sun exposure immediately before and after the surgery.
Are the results of breast lift permanent?
The results of breast lift are permanent
The results of breast lift surgeries are permanent. Patients can reach the desired outcomes after the operation. Breast sagging may be seen again due to pregnancy, body structure or extreme weight fluctuations, but it is not experienced preoperative conditions.
What problems can I experience after the surgery?
You can temporarily loss of sensation
Breast asymmetry can occur between your breasts depending on the structure of your body. It can be said that milk delivery rates are not different from normal women. Most of the lactiferous (milk) ducts are protected with special techniques in breast lift surgery.
You can experience a temporary loss of sensation after breast lift operations. Complete loss of sensation is not something to be expected. 6 months after the operation, your nipples can reach sensitivities same as before.
Also, complications and anesthetic side effects are among the problems that may be rarely experienced after the breast lift surgery.
How long after breast lift do I see final results?
You can see the big change immediately after the operation.
You can see the fullness immediately after the breast lift surgery. After swellings disappearing, they reach the final shape. The incision scars become obscure in time, generally within 4-6 months.
What is Lollipop Technique?
This technique is called a Lollipop Technique due to the incisions have the shape of lollypop.
This technique contains a circular incision that surrounds the areola, and another V shaped and vertical incision applies to under the breast. More skin is removed from there. It is known ‘Lollipop Technique’ due to the incisions have the shape of lollypop.
What is Benelli Technique?
This technique is called a ‘’Benelli Technique’ that there is an incision that contains a circular incision that surrounds the areola.
There is an incision technique contains a circular incision that surrounds the areola and more skin is removed from there. This technique is also called ‘Benelli Technique’ and the incision scar is the edge of the areola and generally inconspicuous.
What precautions to take after breast lift surgery?
You should take some precautions for 2 months in order to protect the effectiveness of this surgery.
li>Wear a sports bra in order to shape your breasts and prop them up for 6-8 weeks after the surgery.li>Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for 5 days. This period can change depending on your surgeon’s advice. li>You can take a shower without putting water on your breasts, but you can take a shower as you please at least 7 days after the surgery.li>It is normal to experience swelling and sensitivity in the first period after the surgery; the swelling decreases day to day within the first month.
- You should not lie down on your breasts (or in a prone position) at least 2 months. Protect your breast from impacts.
- In the first 7 days, don’t move your arms and chest muscles, don’t lift heavy, don’t drive a vehicle, and don’t swim.
- You can start to take a walk 2 weeks after the operation. At the end of the first week, you can do your own work. But you should not exercise heavily, swim, and use excessive force in the first 4-6 weeks.
- If you experience too much swelling or pain, please let your doctor know.
How long should I stay in the city?
Patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for 7 days.
Since the routine doctor check is important after the surgery, patients coming from outside the city should stay in the city for 7 days. This period can change depending on your surgeon’s advice.
Who are good candidates for breast lift?
The good candidates for breast lift surgery should be over eighteen years old.
- The good candidates for mastopexy or breast lift surgery should be over eighteen years old, in generally and physically good health.
- The candidates should not smoke. If you smoke, please stop smoking at least before 4 weeks the surgery.
- You can have this surgery, if you are bothered your saggy breasts and your nipples and areolas that point downward, want to have youthful breasts, and stop under breast rash.
- You should have realistic expectations about the breast lift surgery in order to reach good results.
What Attention Should Be Paid To During The Post-Surgical Process?
- Wear sports bra about 6-8 weeks
- Sleep on your back at least 2 months
- Keep safe your breasts from any pressure and blow
- Do not take a shower at least 5 days
- Do not exercise heavily, swim, and use excessive force in the first 4-6 weeks
- Call your doctor when you experience lingering swelling and pain
What Are The Problems, Risks, and Complications of Breast Lift Surgery?
- Breast asymmetry may be seen due to body structure. Risk of not being breastfed after breast lift surgery is even less than breast reduction surgery. One can say that there is no difference between normal women and patients who have this surgery about human breast milk content.
- After breast lift surgery, temporal loss of sensation may be occurred. Permanent loss of sensation is an unexpected situation.
- The gaining of sensation on nipples occurs within no later than 6 months after surgery.
- Every surgery, of course, has risks involved such as anesthetic side effects and complications.
How Long Should I Stay In Hospital? xx
Breast lift procedure generally lasts two to three hours. If breast augmentation is performed at the same time, this may extend. After the procedure, patients stay in a hospital overnight. However, it may change depending on the physician’s advice.
What type of anesthesia will I receive?
Breast lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
Breast lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
Before The Procedure: Preparing For Breast Lift Surgery?
- Stop smoking at least four weeks before your mastopexy because smoking may lead to the slow healing process.
- Avoid taking aspirin, blood thinners, Vitamin E etc. Also stop taking homoeopathic drugs.
- Tell your doctor any influenza or flue that you have before this procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure before the surgery.
What Attention Should Be Paid To Choose A Hospital Where Breast Lift Surgery Is Practiced?
- Chose both a professional, experienced doctor/surgeon and health team.
- Pay attention your doctor whether professional and experienced in this procedure or not.
How is the examination done before breast lift surgery?
- The size and condition of your breasts and the nipples are measured and evaluated.
- Before deciding the technique of breast lift surgery, body and breast structure, weight, and heights of the patients are evaluated, and their expectations are considered. After this, breast lift surgery technique is decided.
ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT A DOCTOR OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS FOR DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF YOUR MEDICAL CONDITION. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LEGAL AND ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITY, UNLESS OUR DOCTORS AND SPECIALISTS ARE CONSULTED REGARDING YOUR MEDICAL STATE
Duration of procedure
1,5 h - 3,5 h
How much time should i spend
When to get results
Return to work in
2000 € - 4500 €