What is a permanent lip implant (permalip)?
Permalip is a surgical procedure in which specially prepared implants are placed under the lips to thicken thin lips and obtain an aesthetic and attractive appearance. The implant can be used in the desired length and thickness. The lip implant is a safe and successful method that provides permanent results today and does not require re-application.
What are the properties of the implant/prosthesis used?
Permalip is a lip-shaped implant that increases in lip volume. Permalip is made of pure and soft silicone elastomer, and it has a smooth surface. By the virtue of these properties, there are no negative side-effects as with other lip enlargement methods. The lip implant is FDA and CE approved, so they provide a reliable, natural appearance with its permanent effect.
What are the difference between lip implants (permalip) and other lip enhancement procedures, and what are the advantages of lip implants?
- The lip implant procedure differs from lip injection methods. Unlike injection methods, it is permanent.
- Lip augmentation with a lip implant (permalip) does not create an artificial appearance. It doesn't make your lips look hard and misshapen when you talk or laugh.
- You don’t feel strange at all when you touch your lips.
- Natural appearance of the lips is remained after this procedure. It doesn't cause changes in lip movements or facial expression.
- Since the filling material is in a special capsule, there is no any risk of edema and allergies.
- The implant placed in the lips is a lip silicone implant, just like breast silicone implants.
- Whenever you want, your lips can be switched back into its old appearance by removing the prosthesis in a quick procedure.
What is the operation like?
- The lip implant is performed under local anesthesia.
- The operation lasts approximately 20-30 minutes.
- The implant is placed into the lips with incisions on the edges of the lips and with the help of very small a special tool. The same procedure can be used for both the upper lip and the lower lip.
- After placing the implant, the incisions are closed with aesthetic stitches.
- Patients don’t need to stay in hospital after surgery. They are discharged on the same day.
- You may get numb lips for 2-4 hours after the procedure.
- It is recommended that not to make excessive mouth movements during this time.
What are short-term complaints after the surgery and what you should pay attention?
- Swelling, redness, and bruising can be seen after the surgery.
- After surgery, applying ice compresses helps to reduce your complaints as much as possible. The symptoms and complaints reduce gradually within 3 days. They completely disappear within 1-2 weeks as the stitches heal.
- Even if rarely observed, slight pain may occur in the first 1-2 days. You can take painkiller under medical advice within this period. Short-term antibiotic treatment can also be carried out during this time. The prescribed medication should be used regularly and the doctor's advice should be followed.
- Very hot or very cold foods should be avoided because of the increased sensitivity to heat and cold in the early postoperative period.
- Excessive facial expressions, laughing, and yawning Excessive facial expressions in the first few days because they stretch the lips too much.
When can I return to my normal life after the surgery?
After the procedure, you can return to normal life and start work within 1-2 days. Both hard foods and very hot or very cold foods should be avoided. Also, you shouldn't touch your lips too much when the stitches are healing, and should avoid excessive facial expressions. Apart from these, you can return to your social and work life without any restrictions
When will you see the results of surgery?
The healing process of lip implant surgery varies from person to person as with other surgeries. Edema and tension of the lips disappear 3-4 days after the surgery, and then its result becomes clear. It can take a few months both for your lips to heal fully and for its natural appearance and taking new shape. Also, it can take a couple of months for stitches healing. After 6 months, your lips become natural and soft shape.