Permalip is a surgical procedure that special implants are inserted within the lips to increase the volume of thin lips and to obtain an aesthetic and attractive appearance. The implants can be preferred in the desired volume. The lip implant is a safe and successful method that provides permanent results.
Permalip implant is a lip-shaped implant that increases the lip volume. It is made of pure and soft implants, and by means of these materials, the lips can reach a smooth surface. By the virtue of these properties, there are no side-effects as with other lip enlargement methods. The lip implant is FDA and CE approved, so they provide a reliable, natural appearance with its permanent effect.
- The Permalip (lip implant procedure) differs from lip injection methods. Unlike lip injection methods, it is permanent.
- Permalip does not give an artificial appearance. It doesn't make your lips look harsh and misshapen when you talk or laugh.
- You don’t feel strange at all when you touch your lips.
- Natural appearance of the lips is remained after this procedure. It doesn't cause changes in lip movements or facial expression.
- Since the filling material is in a special capsule, there is no any risk of edema and allergies.
- The implant placed in the lips is a lip implant, just like breast implants.
- Whenever you want, your lips can be returned into its past appearance by removing the implants by performing in a quick and easy procedure
- The Permalip is performed under local anesthesia.
- The operation lasts approximately 20-30 minutes.
- The implant is placed into the lips with incisions on the edges of the lips and with the help of tiny a special tool.
- This procedure can be applied for both the upper lip and the lower lip.
- After placing the implant, the incisions are closed by using aesthetic stitches.
- Patients don’t need to stay in the hospital after the surgery. They are discharged from the hospital on the same day.
- Patients might have numb lips for 2 to 4 hours after the procedure.
- It is recommended that not to make too much mouth movements during this period.
- Swelling, redness, and bruising can occur after the operation.
- After Permalip, applying cold compresses helps to reduce these complaints as much as possible. The symptoms and complaints reduce gradually within 3 days. They completely disappear within 1 to 2 weeks as the stitches heal.
- Even if rarely observed, slight pain may occur in the first 1-2 days. Mild pain can occur rarely. If it is happened, you can take painkiller that is prescribed by your doctor under in this period. Short-term antibiotic treatment can also be applied during this time. The prescribed medication should be used regularly and the doctor's advice should be followed.
- Hot or cold foods and liquids should be avoided because of the increased sensitivity to heat and cold in the early postoperative period.
- Avoid excessive facial expressions and laughing in the first few days because they stretch the lips too much.
After the procedure, you can return to your daily life and start work within 1 to 2 days. Both hard foods and very hot or very cold foods should be avoided. Also, you shouldn`t touch your lips too much when the stitches are healing, and should avoid excessive facial expressions. In addition, you can return to your social and work life without any restrictions
Local anesthetic or general anesthetic is used for this procedure depending on the technique
The healing process of the Permalip procedure varies from person to person. Edema and swelling of the lips disappear in 3 to 4 days after the surgery. It can take a few months both for your lips to heal completely and for its natural appearance and taking the new shape. Also, it can take a couple of months for stitches healing. After 6 months, your lips can reach its natural and the final result